2017 Polaris Industries BRUTUS® HDPTO Deluxe
The BRUTUS™ HD PTO Deluxe is the most versatile diesel side by side utility vehicle in its class. With a PTO-powered, front-end Pro-Tach™ attachment system, quickly and easily transform from one hard-working vehicle into an entire fleet of commercial machines – plow and blow snow, move dirt, level surfaces, lift pallets, mow lawns or large fields, and sweep sidewalks – getting more done in less time and for less money. Plus, with a factory-installed climate controlled cab including heat, defrost and A/C, work comfortably all day and in any weather.
- Diesel Power with Hydrostatic Transmission: The all-new BRUTUS HDPTO is now powered by a 1028cc Kohler 3 cylinder overhead cam liquid cooled engine. This proven, high performance diesel engine utilizes indirect injection that delivers smooth power and reduced combustion noise. The automotive overhead camshaft design also reduces mechanical drivetrain noise.
- Treadle Pedal: Like nothing else in its category, BRUTUS lets you travel in forward or reverse with a single pedal, without ever shifting gears or taking your hands off the wheel.
- Superior Cargo Storage With Electric Lift: Pallet-sized rear dump box with 1,250 lb. capacity features exclusive Lock & Ride® cargo system that accommodates many hard-working accessories that go on and off in seconds.
- On-Demand True All-Wheel Drive: True AWD keeps you moving, automatically engaging all four wheels when you need more forward traction and reverting back to 2WD when you don’t.
- PTO-Powered Front Attachments: BRUTUS™ HDPTO is the first in its class to offer front-end PTO capability. The high-efficiency, mechanical PTO delivers smooth performance directly from the engine to versatile, optional front attachments.
- Hydraulically Controlled Front Attachments: BRUTUS™ HDPTO takes productivity to the next level—ready to plow, lift or scoop with three optional, hydraulically controlled front-end attachments that instantly transform one vehicle into multiple hard working machines.
- Pro-Tach™ Attachment System: The innovate Pro-Tach™ attachment system allows quick connection and disconnection of front-end implements, so you spend less time gearing up your vehicle and more time on the chore at hand
- Multi-Link Coil Over De Dion Suspension: As the first side x side utility vehicle to use this work-grade suspension, BRUTUS models deliver a smooth ride far beyond what the competition can offer—with and without a load.
- Superior Comfort and Ergonomics: Cab ergonomics deliver outstanding driver and passenger comfort, including tilt steering with the highest range of motion (10”), extra legroom and easy cab entry to get in and out quickly.
- Joystick: New ergonomically designed for controlling front attachments. Adjust attachments up, down, tilt forward and back, as well as left to right without having to take your hand off the joystick. Can be fitted on previous BRUTUS models – part number 2881695.
- Fully Enclosed Cab with All-Season Climate Control: In-dash heat, defrost and A/C systems work in a completely enclosed, flush-mount cab system to keep the operator comfortable more productive in a variety of weather conditions.
- Hard doors: Strong, durable sound-dampening doors have hinged windows that let riders introduce airflow or close off the cab for the fullest protection from weather or off-road hazards.
- BRUTUS® Materials Bucket: Versatile bucket may be used to haul up to 500 lb. of loose material as well as scraping and other general purpose tasks. Angle Indicator on Bucket allows operator to gauge angle of the cutting height. Optional Markers give operator clear visibility of bucket width. SPECS: Overall Width: 62.2” (1580mm); Weight capability: 500 lb. (226.8 kg). VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: BRUTUS HD, BRUTUS HDPTO
- BRUTUS® Grapple: Grab, lift, move and get a powerful grip on all types and sizes of materials. Powerful Closing Force: Puts a secure grip on materials with in-cab hydraulic controls. Strong, Durable Construction: Offers reliable long-term use. Reinforced Tines: Deliver a strong, sure grip. SPECS: Overall Width: 42.5" (1080 mm); Max. Grapple Opening: 20.4" (518 mm); Weight Capability: 415 lb. (188 kg). VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: BRUTUS HD, BRUTUS HDPTO
- BRUTUS® Pallet Forks: Move pallets, bulk materials, bagged items and more around the job site. Floating-tine pallet forks: Let an operator pick up pallets on uneven terrain. Adjustable Tine Width: Allows transport of various cargo types. Tapered Fork Tines: Makes cargo lifting easier. SPECS: Overall Width: 38" (965 mm); Overall Length: 42.4" (1077 mm); Weight Capability: 450 lb. (204.1 kg). VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: BRUTUS HD, BRUTUS HDPTO
- BRUTUS® Snow Blade: Clear safe pathways for pedestrians and motorists in a variety of settings: private residences, commercial lots, sidewalks. Hydraulic Angling: Allows an operator to angle plow 30º left or right from inside the vehicle with an intuitive remote switch. Adjustable-Depth Skid Shoes: Prevent scraping by holding the current height of the blade. Rolled Trip Blade: Allows materials to flow easily, creating less drag. Optional rubber and poly cutting edges. SPECS: Overall Width: 69" (1753 mm); Fully Angled Width: 59.8" (1519 mm); Blade Height: 20" (508 mm). VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: BRUTUS HD, BRUTUS HDPTO
- BRUTUS® Finishing Mower: Ideal for any application where a finishing cut is needed. Wide side discharge deflector safely and evenly disperses clippings. Durable Anti-Scalp Wheels: Won't tear up turf, keeping lawns looking smooth. Float Mode: Allows mower to follow terrain and provide an even cut. SPECS: Cutting Width: 66" (1676 mm); Cutting Height Range: 2.3" - 5.3"; Blade Tip Speed: 18,400 fpm. VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: BRUTUS HDPTO, BRUTUS HD* (*Requires PTO Upgrade Kit (2879680; sold separately) to add PTO capability on the BRUTUS® HD model.)
- BRUTUS® Angle Broom: Clear slush, snow, leaves, gravel and other debris from paved surfaces. Hydraulically Angles 25° Left or Right. Oscillates: Broom follows surface terrain. Crank stand adjustable wheels to easily set and maintain sweep height. Optional Debris Deflector: Shields and controls the discharge of material. SPECS: Straight Width: 70" (1778 mm); Angled Width: 65.5" (1664 mm); Bristle Speed: 1257 fpm (383 mpm). VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: BRUTUS HDPTO, BRUTUS HD* (*Requires PTO Upgrade Kit (2879680; sold separately) to add PTO capability on the BRUTUS® HD model.)
- BRUTUS® Snow Blower: Snow Blower: For snow removal jobs that demand more than a snow blade. Ideal for both private and commercial properties. Hydraulic chute rotator: adjustment from inside the cab. Two-Stage Blower Design. Adjustable and Replaceable Skid Shoes. SPECS: Cutting Width: 62" (1575 mm); Cutting Height: 21" (533 mm); Skid Shoes: 0.375" (10 mm) steel. VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: BRUTUS HDPTO, BRUTUS HD* (*Requires PTO Upgrade Kit (2879680; sold separately) to add PTO capability on the BRUTUS® HD model.)
- BRUTUS® Cargo Box Utility Spreader: Salt and sand spreader, ideal for winter applications. Dash-mounted controller enables adjustment of auger, spinner and vibrator from operator’s seat. Heavy duty poly hopper construction. Top screen, fitted weather cover and heavy-duty vibrator included. SPECS: Empty Weight: 200 lb. (90.7 kg); Struck Capacity: 7.8 ft³ (0.22m³); Heaped Capacity: 10.6 ft³ (0.30 m³). VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY: 2015 BRUTUS HDPTO, 2015 BRUTUS HDPTO Deluxe (* Required mounting kit (2881123; sold separately))
- BRUTUS® Landplane: Grade and level soil while simultaneously removing large clods and rocks. Peel sod, aerate soil, and transport materials around worksites with Brutus’ no-shifting-required Treadle Pedal. SPECS: W: 61.25” / L: 40” / H: 24. Available Kits: Scarifier breaks up hard, compacted ground for better leveling; Screen allows small debris and dirt to remain while carting away rocks and larger debris. Scarifier Depth: 3" (76 mm) Screen; Weight with Scarifier Weight and Screen: 250 lbs. (113 kg). Vehicle Compatibility: BRUTUS HD, BRUTUS HDPTO
- BRUTUS® Flail Mower: Clear brush and small trees up to 1/2" in diameter while distributing cut material evenly. Cutting width of 66". Floatation setting allows the cutter to float over uneven surfaces. Vehicle compatability: BRUTUS HDPTO BRUTUS HDPTO DLX BRUTUS HD
- BRUTUS® V-Blade: Commercial-grade steel to move snow quickly. Heavy duty steel trip edge for the toughest conditions. Esclusive one touch control for quickly changing angle of both wings make windrowing even easier. Fingertip of engine powered hydraulics for easy, powerful blade positioning. VEHICLE COMPATABILITY: BRUTUS HDPTO BRUTUS HDPTO DLX BRUTUS HD. *Requires Attachment Control Kit - Sold Separately.
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Dry Weight: 2148 lb. (974 kg)
- Displacement: 1028cc
- Active Descent Control: Not Equipped
- Alternator: 110 Amp
- Cooling: Liquid
- Drive System Type: On-Demand True AWD / 2WD / VersaTrac Turf Mode
- Engine Braking System (EBS): Diesel
- Horsepower (HP): 24 hp
- Transmission/Final Drive: Automatic Hydrostatic with Treadle Pedal (H/L/N/Park)
- Engine Type/Cooling: 3-Cylinder Diesel
- Front Suspension: Dual A-Arm 6 in. (15.24 cm) Travel
- Rear Suspension: Multi-Link Coil Over De-Dion Suspension 6 in. (15.24 cm) Travel
- Front/Rear Brakes: 4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
- Front Tires: 25 x 9-12; Carlisle All-Trail II
- Rear Tires: 25 x 11-12; Carlisle All-Trail II
- Wheels: Stamped Steel
- Bed Box Dimensions (L x W x H): 43.5 x 54 x 11.5 in. (110.5 x 137 x 29 cm)
- Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters): 10 gal. (37.9 L)
- Ground Clearance: 10 in. (25.4 cm) - Vehicle; 7 in. (17.8mm) - PTO
- Overall Vehicle Size (L x W x H): 140x 64 x 73 in. (356 x 163 x 185 cm)
- Payload Capacity: 2,250 lb. (793.8 kg)
- Person Capacity: 2
- Wheelbase: 84 in. (213.4 cm)
- Cab: Standard, Full Enclosed Cab with Heat, Defrost and A/C
- Cargo System: Lock & Ride with Integrated Box Tie Downs
- Colors (Base): Avalanche Grey
- Electric Cargo Box Lift: Standard
- Hitch Towing Rating: 2,000 lb. (907.2 kg)
- Hitch Type: Standard/2”Receiver
- Hydraulic Power Steering: Standard
- Instrumentation: Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, Tripmeter, Hour Meter, Gear Indicator, DC Outlet (2), Hi-Temp Light
- Lighting: 55W low / 60W high, LED Tail
- PTO: Standard
- Rear Cargo Box Capacity: 1,250 lb. (567 kg)
- Engine Type
- 3-Cylinder Diesel
- Fuel System
- Front Suspension
- Dual A-Arm
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
- Front Tire
- 25 x 9-12; Carlisle All-Trail II
- Rear Suspension
- Multi-Link Coil Over De-Dion Suspension
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Calipers
- Rear Tire
- 25 x 11-12; Carlisle All-Trail II
- Dry Weight
- 2148 lb. (974 kg)
- Front Travel
- 6 in. (15.24 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 gal. (37.9 L)
- Rear Travel
- 6 in. (15.24 cm)
- 84 in. (213.4 cm)
- Ground Clearance
- Vehicle: 10 in. (25.4 cm); PTO: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
- Box Capacity
- 1,250 lb. (567 kg)
- Towing Capacity
- 2,000 lb. (907.2 kg)
- Automatic Hydrostatic with Treadle Pedal (H/L/N/Park)
- Drive System
- On-Demand True AWD / 2WD / VersaTrac Turf Mode
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Avalanche Grey